29/06/2011

Glastonbury Love 2011

This time round and like all the others I spent Glastonbury 2011 on my sofa with plenty cool drinks and the pleasure of looking at Reggie Yates(YUM!).
My appreciation for SKY+ fell even deeper as I was able to catch literally every performance from Paulo Nutini to Jimmy Cliff and my percentage has suffered this-only 4% left :-O, and it's more than obvious that in the last 5 years or so the ultimate festival is and has been inspiring fashion, especially where the high street is concerned. This time round I wanted take inspiration from some of my favourite performances-looking at their style and taking it back to the source; the designer collections SS11. So here we go.... 


This album for me is the album for the summer! Think of being sun-glazed, blue skies, tropical birds in the air and your draped Lanvin skirt blowing in the breeze aka Poolside Glamour!
Bold colours and chic prints are the way to go whilst rocking it out to 'Hawaiian Air, Pala, Helpless and Show me lights' just a few of the fab tunes; all of them are great-can't fault it none. As for their Glasto performance; I'm yet to watch it but I just know it's gonna be great!
To me, Two Door Cinema Club were one of those bands that I used to love singing along to their tunes through hearing them on various tv-shows(Made In Chelsea), and the like but never paying enough attention to find out who the artists where to upload them onto my itunes. But their performance changed all that. I love their effortless indie sound and style; the lead vocals are so delicate and full of character which I love. Their something different on the music scene, that is rare these days as everyone just tends to copy and reproduce what has already been done, so kudos to them. It’s all about separates so cropped or flared trousers, the jacket is a must have weather boxy or semi fitted and quirky prints like plaid of stripes are welcome

Beyonce brought the heat with vintage Destiny’s Child music from their ‘Writings on the wall album’ on Sunday night. As well as songs from her own back catalogue like ‘Crazy in love’, ‘Irreplaceable’ and my fav ‘Single Ladies’, she did an amazing cover of King’s Of Leon’s hit- ‘Sex on Fire’. Personally I think this new album of hers is rubbish and so I didn’t warm to any of her new songs except ‘1+1’. It took time for her to warm up but she gave a truly emotional performance with all the theatrics involved. I didn’t appreciate the panties as we don’t need to see all that God has blessed her with but I adored the jacket. My guess is it’s something Balmain made as they showed a lot of gold print and the same leaf print appeared at Guy Laroche in the form of maxi-dresses. 
If there were ever awards for best Glastonbury Performance; it would have to be given to this girl right here. I loved loved, loved her set. The industry calls her the female Cee-lo Green and I can somewhat agree. She belted out crazy notes and made it look effortless and she didn’t even break a sweat- only a bit of her Afro quiff decided to boogie on out but otherwise she rocked the stage but looked gracefully doing it too. Her look’s always been monochrome even down to her shoes which are always brogues. What I liked most about this performance is that her and her band are one and this unity was obvious as they all got down to the beat and went wild with her. I urge you to check her music out! Viktor and Rolf to me were the obvious choice for looks that correlate to her look on and off stage. Crisp white shirts and cigarette trousers, you’ll be Le Smoking.  

Images; style.com, catwalking.com, telegraph.co.uk, google.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment