24/02/2012

AW11 Fav Show 2: Doo.Ri


If I could have spent my autumn/winter in one collection for the whole season I think it would have been Doo.Ri's AW11 line.  A wardrobe with these amazing dramatic but ever so chic pieces would've helped me fight the winter blues and plummeting temperatures-setting me onto new fashion heights.
 Not so much of a newbie on my radar but her clothes and passion for craftsmanship are definitely beginning to make her a serious contender to make it to my 'favourite designers' list, which currently includes Max Mara and the incomparable Marc Jacobs. 
Deep hues of ocean blue in velvet, skimmed down the figures of the models. Draped in silk jersey with floor length cardigans showcasing breathtaking displays of an ultra stylish way to dress in winter. Coatigans, capes and shaggy shawls in contrasting shades of marl grey, coffee brown and taupe updated outerwear whilst supporting day wear in the form of turtleneck dresses.

What reigns true in this collection is the understated level of 'chic' that Doo.Ri has birthed into her clothes, and the high levels of wearability and fashionability in a non 'trend-following' way is what makes this collection one of my favourites.  
My most liked look has to be look number 26, the drop, the movement, the intensity of the hue and simplicity of this look speaks volumes.
Providing looks for every occasion; taking you from the the office to the Black tie event, to a winter wedding, or a starry night followed by days in front of the fire, but all very cohesive, and with a hint of femininity, is the edge that makes this collection exciting no matter how plain and simple the colour palette and designs may be. 

J'adore! 
X
Images taken from style.com
Complied and arranged by Purple Tweed.

2 comments:

  1. oh love when designer with his/her vision and craftsmanship becomes serious on my A list, like doo.ri is now among yours favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai, I'm Feli. I'm holding a GIVEAWAY! See how, at vloething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete