01/09/2011

SS11 Fav show 3: Jil Sander



As it is officially September the trading minds of the industry's insiders has switched modes; from blazing summer to sunny but chilly Autumn (and with the SS12 shows coming up, it's back to summer). This brings about my last post on the Spring/Summer 2011 trends, my favorite spring summer so far. 

If it were not for Raf Simons at Jil Sander, I don't think our summer wardrobe would have been so happy and free and bright!!! His collection for Jil Sander brought about a fresh awakening to the season, one that everyone swooned over with lusty fashion dreams of owning a paintbox green cargo jacket or the now classic t-shirt maxi dress combo in orange. 

The overall collection one could say was pretty basic and simple, but it was the genius use of simplicity that allowed the injection of serious high wattage to work, not only were there brights but there were sheers, stripes, florals and peplums. These features harked to a similar silhouette, that of a couture gown, with long draping skirts with a peplum waist this was then contrasted with a simple plain white tee.  It's obvious to say that the play on colour was key to the success of this collection but I believe that  the use of volume and shape is what made the collection what it is; chic, minimal and couture like in a non extravagant way. 

What were your Spring/summer 11 fav shows?

Images courtesy of style.com 

10 comments:

  1. Jill Sander is really great! this fall the collection is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll die for this collection. That's how much I want it. lol!!

    http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

    P.S., please vote for me here!
    http://www.facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe (first you have to like the page) more info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ai ai ai loove these colors, thank for commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved her use of color. Beautiful collection :) If you want dear, we can follow each other. Let me know if you're following me and I will happily follow back ;)
    -GAYLE IS VOLATILE

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting nd for your comments. I love the stripes in this collection also love those topshop heels in your wishlist, im now checing out their website for more goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Jil Sander collection too, aside from the colours, the shapes and proportions were fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's colour-block all the way home! PS. Totally following your blog ;) X

    ReplyDelete
  8. we love stripes too! Zebras drive us crazy!!

    http://thefashpress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Amazing!!!!

    J'aime beaucoup !!! ♥


    http://www.silveryyouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa,

    Thnks for posting a comment at my blog.

    I love the colours and outfits at this blogpost, it's very nice!

    xoxo
    Chantal

    todayiwearfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete