17/03/2009

Pure London 2009







Pure London Trade Show
I got the chance to go as a visitor to Buyers trade show Pure London in Olympia. At first when I received the email with my ticket I didn’t think it was real I thought it was spam, till I asked Sarah and she told me Pure London was a trade show were buyers from all around the world come to see designers latest collections that they may want to put into their stores. It was a golden opportunity that I enjoyed greatly and learned a lot. I learnt its very important to not brand yourself as a student as in the working world students aren’t taken to seriously, ask questions any kind gather as much information you can and as obvious as it sounds being polite gets you a long way.
I managed to catch the last bit of the Drapers Trend Presentation, which was really exciting and informative. I got a chance to meet with a few PR agencies that look for interns and offer work experience so this was a big bonus.
Overall I had a really great time at Pure, wish I could’ve gone with someone as it was quite a lonely trip, however it was a huge insight into the world of buying and merchandising and how communication is key in all head office positions, being able to liaise and communicate back and forth keeps the business running.

I have enjoyed this half of my blog and hope to continue it even after assessment.


No comments:

Post a Comment